Monday, March 11, 2013

Life of Lemons and Lemonade

Hello it has been forever. Well where do I start? This last year has been a interesting year. We have now lived in our home for over a year now. We adopted a cute Boxer Puppy named Odie. He has been challenging but fun at the same time. People have asked us why Boxer, well that has been Brandon's dream dog since he was little. I love dogs, so I didn't care which kind we got. He is almost one and weighs a good 80 pounds. So there is the dog story. Last year we got some scary news. Brandon was having some health complications, so he went to the doctor. He was told that he could have cancer or diabetes. That was some of the worst news you could ever hear about you husband. Both are not good, but I was truly praying that it was not cancer. Luckily it was not cancer, but we then heard that he had Type 1 Diabetes. For those of you that don't know about diabetes it is one of the worst ones you can have. We have had to do some adjusting and really watch the carbs he eats. Brandon has been doing fine, and is adjusting to his new life. I took it upon myself to do diligent research on this disease, because it has affected me as well. I have learned many new recipes and have been advised to make a blog of this.....Maybe to come in the future. This has also helped me eat more healthy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment